Tuesday, October 11, 2011

snort

Not long ago I had the privilege of a solo trip to Maine. The few friends who were aware of my exploits and envious of these few precious moments of ME time encouraged me to enjoy...more specifically, snort, Portland. Typically that would mean long sunset sails on gaff-rigged schooners, loading my pockets with polished, banded stones from the beach, shopping on lower Exchange Street for the doodads that all those left at home expect and, as my sister would eloquently put it... "running me like a dog on the dance floor" preferably snorting old vine zinfandel.

I teetered on the edge of snorting someone elses ideas. There was a sense of cagey anxiety that tried to push me down a dark hallway to embark in endless activies that, by the end of the day I could display as my accomplishments. However, I was there to BE. And in that BE-ingness it was (is) most important to follow that quiet inner voice that says, "I'd like to _______ because it brings me happiness." So I did.


This trip, ME time was spent with my champion sister, swimming in the ocean, one massive holy-God-thank-goodness-I-don't-live-in-Portland-full-time-to-have-to-subject-myself-to-hot-yoga-every-day-drown-in-my-own-sweat snort, and what I least expected... falling in love with Gus.


His luxurious embrace, long golden hair, rich brown eyes, an ever-ready smile, the embodiment of harmony in his ability to balance alacritous adventure and cozy time on the sofa are the qualities that swept me away.


I love this dog. But really, I challenge you to introduce me to a dog I don't love. Gus is so patient. He is so happy. He is so appreciative. He loves with such abandon. He has such a great BODY....of hair. This was my heaven. He obscured and magnified every semblance of joy I ever conjured as a child with Barbie's synthetic locks and every dream I had of becoming Rapunzel. I spent a good portion of my mornings brushing Gus, the golden retriever, because it made US happy.

I snorted Gus.



Ask Yourself

How do I snort life?

Join me on Facebook! Call to schedule your sample coaching session today! Lots to gain and nothing to loose.


JewelTree, LLC ~ p.o.box 82 ~ sherman, ct 06784 ~ 203.240.4397 ~ inquiries@jeweltreellc.com

No comments: