Monday, October 17, 2011

glanzpunkt

Do you have a pivotal moment in your life that consciously registers in your chronology as kick-ass? Like the time that, after hours of diligence, you passed the exam to earn your license or the time you followed through with a blind date and fell head over heals into wedded bliss? Whether you play your intention out loud or allow the still, small voice to urge you forward for reasons you can't quite explain there is a sense of happiness and fulfillment as the Universe rewards you with a gold star.

The German words Glanzpunkt and Sternstunde both convey the similar essence of awareness laced with acknowledgement and gratitude; the MOMENT that shifted perception where everything changed for the better.  These words inherently convey the highs of a panoramic lifescape that were the deciding factor in a choice to take one road over another. After impact you were left standing in your power alive with possibility.

At our dining table every night we have a ritual to discuss the "Glanzpunkt", the shining point, of our day. This practice has very succinct, Praktisch und useful applications; it stimulates positive conversation, generates gratitude and employs the magnetic Law of Attraction.

The rules of the highlight of the day depends who you ask. My husband insists that I have to choose just one thing. I just can't. So I say with this enormous smile, "*The Whole Day*"! My rules dictate that you must be interested and interesting. Therefore, if you have asked a person their highlight, that person must ask someone else. Frequently the question stalls, even on me when I become enraptured in the retelling of my perception...my tornado of happiness...With a hint of martyrdom someone, who will remain nameless, will nudge me back onto planet Earth. No one is excused from the table, however, until everyone has extrapolated the highlight that speaks most powerfully to them. Some moments may even be in anticipation of what is to come in the remaining moments of the day.

On Saturday my son, Trevor, announced that his Glanzpunkt was "Getting to level 100 and", with a Vanna-White-feathered-backhanded reveal of the dinnerscape..."this exotic food."

What, you might ask, where we having for dinner? Amidst the glorious harvest of organic veggies from Fort Hill Farm and fresh venison steaks came the heralded antithesis: Hearty Man Frozen Dinners and gluey macaroni and cheeZe. Yes my friends...this is what my son is grateful for. And you know, I was then grateful X3 because he was happy, I didn't have to cook AND he made me laugh.


Do you find it difficult on some days to come up with something that could be a contender? It doesn't need to be huge...perhaps just the fact that you were able to get out of the house with matching socks? Maybe the impromptu call you received from a friend? Or maybe the food on your table? Perhaps you won Publishers Clearing House (will you be my friend)? Or maybe ladies, you woke up and realized that you were married to George Clooney? My point is that once you choose to see the things that have fallen in your path that you have to be grateful for the more will come to you.

At first you may select from only the palette of effects. As you become more appreciative however, you will begin to be the Cause. Before you know it you may not even be experiencing any thing but giving instead...perhaps also even experiencing someone else's joy as if it were your own.

Ask Yourself:
What is the highlight of my day?

If this post has made you laugh or given you an opportunity to consider and apply to your own life please join JewelTree, LLC on facebook. Daily thoughts, photos and clips that make you go, "Yea!"
Julie Bowes - Certified Life Coach
JewelTree, LLC
P.O. Box 82
Sherman, CT 06784

203.240.4397 or email Julie@Jeweltreellc.com to schedule your sample coaching session today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it, Julie. Made me laugh and remember to appreciate all my frozen dinners.