Tuesday, March 1, 2011

conduit

For some reason I was not OK with my daughter wearing her hot pink, fleece bathrobe to Home Depot. As I stated with firm insistence, I recognized my ego. Why the heck not? Is it because I am afraid that people are going to judge me through the appearance of my child?

"Fine!" she huffed as she shed her robe to the kitchen floor in exchange for her box that I had just helped her cover in foil. I am thrilled to report that this made me so happy. It girl-slapped my Ego right back into its rightful place. It made Tatum joyous to show off her "new look" that morphed in between a robot and blunt nose aircraft fuselage. It made the numerous 40 hour/week countenances sparkle with delight at an errant piece of ducting-with-legs that they weren't responsible for inventorying. It made me happy because right as she made a wide, arms-extended, running swoop into aisle two, it occurred to me that in her state of engaged imagination she was happy and "on purpose". One of the employees said, "Heck, she looks just like a piece of electrical conduit!"


This simple observation by the woman in the orange smock was such an afterburner of illumination. Yes, Tatum IS a conduit. She is the only child I have even known to readily portion off her cache of candy so that everyone can take ownership in her happiness, thereby making it their own. She shares her prized possessions or newly acquired toys with her brother without hesitation. She runs with the dog in endless circles of delight. She says, "Mom, the best thing God gave me in my toolbox is LOVE."

We are all conduits. By allowing yourself to feel good, to share with others that which brings you joy, to feel the freedom to express yourself through inspiration fueled by love and light we can all experience the essence of Source, of the Universe. For as you find your core intention, your inspired energy activates those around you calling on their souls truth.

Heaven on Earth awaits all those who wish to plug into themselves.

No comments: