Thursday, February 24, 2011

thermal lifts

I have a theory. I believe that the physiological response to a smile allows the wings of your heart to ride the thermals lifts of gratitude. By engaging your facial muscles even in a faint uplift of the corners of your mouth, even the most dreaded task (mine happens to be a toss up between doing taxes and scooping cat crap) doesn't deplete energetic fields as readily as if your brow was furrowed by burden of a mundane chore. Choosing a gentle grin as often as possible softens the tension of a task driven existence.

When I smile it is as if my cheeks raise the marionette strings of my wing'ed heart. I soar on the thermals of gratitude in complete understanding that I am present for what is. The quality of job I do is dependent on this mindset. Even if I have to hold my breath, cringe, squint and scoop (how many of you are trying this...?) I can still smile. There will always be less savory tasks. The trick is to do them at a time where ones resistence is minimal. The greatest disservice you can do to your soul is to undertake a task while your soul is kicking and screaming, "NO F****** WAY!" By stepping back and recognizing this state of discust honors your core emotional guidance system...it allows a breathe of  peace and creates a space. Leave the task. Just walk away and by doing so you either allow for someone else to do it who doesn't harbor such resistence OR you return to the task later without the barbs and hackles raised. Really, it is the first step in respecting YOU from the inside out.

By recognizing that at each and every moment we have the choice to appreciate the journey, your soul takes a sigh of relief. I am soothed by the effortless flight of these thermal lifts as life's circumstances gift me daily opportunities to breathe into Being. By aligning with Source I am able to give my thanks back to the Universe by smiling and soaring into the unknown with an open, wing'ed heart.

No comments: